- Master’s Degree
This post is part of the business instructors jobs in Canada CUPE4207-3 (Employee Group) Works are Built at Brock. As a Top Management in Hamilton-Niagara, Brock University offers different opportunities in management, teaching, research, senior support co-operation, and performance. We have a history of increasing the strength and career potential of our workers. We are on the cusp of something new and interesting. We are starting into our next 50 years and are seeing for people with love, power, and a strong passion to help our learners achieve their aims. Experience Brock, life success. Feel the Benefits of Serving at Brock. Learning and job development are essential elements of an academic setting. At Brock, career growth is ingrained in our history. On normal, 45- 60% of our staff job hires are a consequence of internal movement**. Our Superior Leadership, Staff, and Crew help make our collaborative learning. Learn more about how our workers feel about their employment life at Brock University.
** 2016 metrics Post End Date: Note to all applicants: This posting will close at 12:01 am on the date listed.August 22, 2020 POSITION TITLE: ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) INSTRUCTOR – MBAB/MPAC 5N86 – BUSINESS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT: Graduate Programs, Goodman School of business instructors jobs in Canada EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary Part-time (August 4 to September 4, 2020) SALARY: $5,720 pay per instructor (based on 160 nominal hours of work)
Business Communication is part of Goodman’s Business English and Skills Transition (BEST) plan, an integral part of the MBA (ISP) and MPAcc (ISP) plans. The purpose of this plan is to provide students for bachelor studies in business instructors jobs in Canada and enable the growth of English language skills in a business context, before proceeding to the bachelor courses. The BEST performance takes place over four weeks in August of each year and involves about 200 international students. As per University guidelines, the application will be given fully ONLINE this year. Business Communication instructors will develop all four skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) within a business frame. In addition to registered contact time with classmates, teachers are responsible for the development of daily lesson plans, supplementary materials, tests, and assignments under the Goodman School of Business curriculum.
They are also effective for the marking and evaluation of student performance, record care, and attending conferences with program directors when required for business instructors jobs in Canada. Moreover, instructors will be expected to hold office minutes and serve as authorities on sports. Instructors are expected to work collaboratively and maintain frequent communication with the program administrator. Given the online performance of the business, instructors will be expected to report videos and use different online platforms to interact with students and give the course (including but not limited to MS Teams and Sakai). Other course-specific functions may be assigned by the coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS: The smallest qualifications for a new election shall be:
- Master’s level qualifications in related areas (e.g. Business Communication, Education, English, Applied Linguistics, Languages) or Bachelor’s degree and TESL Certificate with a directed practicum. 2. Minimum of 3 years’ successful participation teaching advanced English to global students at the university level, including expertise in teaching the writing process, APA citation style, verbal presentation, presentation, listening, and note-taking.
- Proven knowledge of business-related topics and professional rules for public speaking and business papers, such as letters, articles, and business plans. Successful claimants will have either formal education in business instructors jobs in Canada or able experience in the field (minimum 1 year).
- Previous strong experience coaching all four skills integrated and using real and current business materials. Successful applicants will have a comprehension with task-based and genre-based teaching approaches.
- Confirmed interpersonal qualities that help international students’ course-related needs, including the ability to communicate effectively, contribute meaningful feedback, keep accurate records, and work collaboratively.
- High-level competence in the use of email, Sakai, Microsoft Office 365, Internet, Lifesize, Turnitin, and multi-media equipment.
- The applicant can demonstrate how his/her practice and contact match the required modifications. Brock University is actively bound to diversity and the sources of Employment Equity and requests applications from all modified candidates. Women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, and people with disadvantages are refreshed to apply. We will adjust the needs of the aspirants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Openness for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the selection process, as outlined in the Employee